Nirdhan was founded in 2011 and its mission is to create livelihoods, boost income and inspire permanent change. Our target group has always been the very poor in Bengal which is India’s fourth most populous state. It is in fact one of the poorest states in India and living standards for the majority are declining.
- to help people living on or below the poverty line in rural West Bengal earn an income from home
- to provide people in need with the tools and training to start a market-driven enterprise
- to innovate and develop our programmes to ensure the best outcomes and impact for our beneficiaries
- excellent governance and transparency in all that we do
- responsiveness to the changing needs of our beneficiaries
- sustainability for Nirdhan and our beneficiaries
- regular impact measurement and reporting to donors